Раздел: Serve with Ten-Year-Old Malmsey Madeira
Источник: кулинарный блокнот Natalie
8 plump prunes
1 large green apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 vanilla bean
Ѕ cup superfine sugar + 2 tablespoons
7 tablespoons unsalted butter
Ѕ cup heavy cream
1 ј cups thick Greek-style whole-milk yogurt
2. Next day, drain the prunes, remove the pits, chop the flesh and set aside.
3. Put chopped apple in a pan with 2 tablespoons water. Slit the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife. Mix into the pan with 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
4. Heat until sizzling 5 to 7 minutes until softened, then cool and crush against the sides of the pan with a fork until pulpy.
5. In another pan heat the cup of sugar with a splash of water until melted, stirring once or twice. When clear, raise the heat, stir in the butter and cook to a light caramel color. Do not stir or you will make fudge!
6. Remove from the heat and cool. Then mix in the apple and chill.
7. Divide the prunes between four wine glasses. Stir the yogurt until smooth and spoon half on top of the prunes, followed by the apple mixture. Then top with the last of the yogurt. Serve lightly chilled.